Program Description REGIS-AG
The Resilience and Economic Growth in the Sahel – Accelerated Growth (REGIS-AG) program is a five-year Feed the Future program funded by USAID. It aims to strengthens cowpea, small ruminant and poultry value chains in agro-pastoralist and marginal agricultural zones of Niger and Burkina Faso. By transforming value chain relationships and dynamics to increase their inclusiveness as well as their competitiveness, REGIS-AG is increasing the incomes of vulnerable households and building the resilience of families and communities to shocks such as drought, conflict and economic crises. The CNFA team is implementing innovative “pull” strategies linking smallholders to cash markets, in close cooperation with REGIS-Enhanced Resilience (REGIS-ER) production-level “push” strategies to propel vulnerable households from subsistence to food security and surplus.
The MEL Advisor will be based in Niamey, Niger. This is a Short Term position for a period of 18 months. The MEL Advisor will provide expert technical advice and oversee all activities related to MEL in Niger and Burkina Faso. The MEL Advisorwill review and analyze the program and activities and recommend methodologies for evaluations and the delivery of evaluation products. The MEL Advisor will also provide technical supervision to the project staff on their responsibilities in monitoring and evaluation. The MEL Advisor will provide technical assistance with daily activities related to monitoring and evaluation as well as support the reporting activities. He/she will be under the supervision of the Chief of Party.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance, implements, and monitors M&E systems, to achieve programmatic goals.
- Ensure that appropriate M&E mechanisms are built into work plans and reporting structures, and oversee data quality and reporting.
- Lead structured capacity building on data utilization to improve programming.
- Lead the performance monitoring of the program based on the performance monitoring and evaluation, work, and environmental and mitigation plans.
- Assume responsibility as other monitoring, evaluation and reporting duties are identified over the life of the project this position.
- To contribute to the coordination and implementation of activities of the Monitoring and Evaluation of the project,
- Accompany the conduct of the collection of data on project indicators and other information needs in the project areas,
- Facilitate and support the missions of evaluation studies, surveys and case studies as well as monitoring and supervision visits,
- Ensure the regular back up of data;
- Manage data on various project activities and contribute to their validation;
- Participate in the preparation and updating of data collection tools;
- Supervise the input and verification of data from records and surveys conducted by the project;
- Ensure the maintenance of the database designed by the Project;
- Participate in any activity related to the project objectives;
- Document the results and lessons learned and present the results to the local team and the team of CNFA in Washington, DC.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree preferred in a related specialization including but not limited to International Development, Statistics, etc.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably on Feed the Future projects;
- Professional experience in the evaluation of development projects funded by USAID and other development partners ;
- Professional experience in the agricultural sector;
- Experience in West Africa, particularly in the Sahel region;
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Proficiency in English and French is required
- Database management experience
- Proficiency in computers
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Proficiency in both French and English (preferred)
- Experience in survey design and data collection and analysis
- Experience with USAID M&E rules and regulations (also preferred)
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.