Pakistan Agricultural Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA) is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project designed to increase smallholder farmers’ access to markets, alongside their overall development impact and cost-effectiveness. Smallholders farmers in Pakistan use outdated and less effective technologies, leading to stagnant or dwindling productivity and returns, particularly in the horticulture and livestock sub-sectors. Because improved technologies that are affordable, impactful, and safe have not yet penetrated the vast smallholder market.
Working under direct supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party will perform his assignments in order smooth functioning of program and operation and compliance. The DCOP will be responsible to support all program and financial and operational support and oversight. DCOP will be responsible for the implementation of project activities relating to program, administration, accounting, procurement, international STTAs visits, security and support to MEL and directly managing PATTA HR and programmatic activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: PATTA requires a frequent coordination with USAID, Supply Side Partners, Demand Side partners, facilitating partners and government and semi government organizations and fulfill host country compliance requirements. The DCOP would be guiding the program and operation staff in day to day activities and shall be able to perform following specific tasks:
- Supervise and manage the Agricultural Technology Unit: Ag. Tech. Director, Crops and Livestock Tech. Officers and STTA time to time;
- Supervise and manage the Finance and Compliance Unit: Finance and Compliance Manager, Accountant, HR and Admin Officer, Safety Security and Logistics Manager and Drivers and STTA time to time;
- Supervise and manage the MEL Unit: the MEL Director, the M&E Officer and other STTA time to time;
- Supervise and manage Cross Cutting Activities: Gender Integration Officer, Social and Behavior Change Communication Officer and Project Communication Officer;
- Identify issues in program implementation and actively coordinate with Chief of Party to address and mitigate programmatic challenges as they arise.
- Conduct field trips related to project monitoring and special assignments advised from time to time by the COP.
- Serve as a liaison between Technical teams in implementation of program activities
- Serve as head of Program coordination and operation team in for finance and compliance management
- Provide assistance to COP in cyclical cycle management
- Ensure program and operational support to PATTA teams maximizing their ability to produce results and achieve sustainable impact
- Provide support to the MEL, BDMS unit and Technology Development unit
- Lead the implementation of all activities relating to accounting, procurement, personnel files, and facilitate international consultants visit and schedules
- Review all reports including marketing/communication material transmitted to USAID
- Ensure compliance with all USAID, CNFA, and federal and local Government reporting requirements.
- Serve as Chief of Party when delegated in the absence of COP
- Serve as the direct liaison with USAID for smooth implementation of the project in the absence of COP
- Other duties as required or assigned by Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or MBA in the relevant disciplines from any recognized university (Business Administration, Project Management, Agriculture Economics, and Financial Management).
- At least 10-year or more experience working on similar positions with donors funded project, preferably with at least 5 years’ experience working with USAID funded projects and managing multiple contracts and agreements.
- Proven track record of implementing program and operational activities in the field.
- This position will require countrywide frequent travel.
Interested candidates should submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 05, 2019. Kindly clearly mention position title “Deputy Chief of Party” in email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.