CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Technical Consultant for a long-term consultancy to support the New Business Development department explore new opportunities for agriculture international development programs and partnerships in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region.
The Technical Consultant will be responsible for the overall management of research and business development activities in Latin America and the Caribbean, including (1) monitoring agriculture development activities and new opportunities, (2) conducting extended capture trips, (3) coordinating research and outreach plans with CNFA headquarters staff, and (4) identifying key value chains, sub-sectors and partners in the LAC region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a desk study to identify USAID priorities and forthcoming opportunities and develop a potential opportunity list;
- Develop competitive analysis of programs and potential opportunities for CNFA in LAC and make recommendations for strategies;
- Provide leadership on technical direction of LAC research, outreach, and other business development activities;
- Conduct outreach to potential partners and staff;
- Act as key liaison between CNFA and USAID Missions, national government ministries, implementing partners and all other counterparts;
- Communicate regularly with the home office CNFA Program Director about progress and findings;
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning unit to integrate findings and promote thought leadership and learning on off-farm agribusiness finance, investment, business development services, policy, and other relevant topics;
- Conduct potential travel to selected countries;
- Represent CNFA at meetings and events.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience:
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in international development, preferably in agriculture or a related sector;
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience of proposals, strategy development, market analysis and/or research of similar complexity;
- Demonstrated experience in business development, proposal writing or management, and field research in the LAC region;
- Strong technical expertise in agribusiness, private sector development, development finance, or a related field;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, and funding mechanisms required;
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID and other donor funding priorities and strategies preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff to identify opportunities and form partnerships
- Master’s degree or higher in agriculture, economics, international development, or a related field
- Experience in Latin America and the Caribbean is required
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required, knowledge of Spanish is strongly preferred