Summer Term: Immediate – August 30, 2019
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $14.00 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Internship Coordinator, the GPS intern assists the Vice Presidents for Programs and several Program Officers with backstopping CNFA’s economic and enterprise development projects in Central & Eastern Europe, Central Asia, countries throughout Africa and the Caribbean.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Executive Assistant in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Backstop all aspects of USAID and AGRA agricultural programs throughout Africa, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe;
- Facilitate communications between Regional field offices and the DC home office headquarters through conference calls, correspondence, and contact lists;
- Review, edit and translate program documents, as appropriate, including all types of reports submitted to home office from the field;
- Research various features of existing programs and new business;
- Participate in discussions of program strategy and the field of international development;
- Arrange international travel logistics for program officers and consultants with regard to air, hotel, and embassy visits to obtain visas;
- Assist in the implementation of internal and donor Monitoring & Evaluation to track key program indicators; and
- Other tasks as assigned.]
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask;
- Administrative background and interest in program management;
- Strong research skills and experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis; and
- Advanced language skills may also be beneficial.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.