CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidatesfor the USAID/Bureau of Food Security Seed Systems Support. The Seed Systems Support activity will focus on inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led economic growth, and strengthened resilience among people and systems. This activity will achieve these results through the development of innovative and sustainable seed systems that are responsive to the needs of smallholder farmers and adaptive to climate and economic change.
The Technical Writer will support the capture effort and technical design for the Seed Systems Support proposal development, including leading and facilitating the development of the overall design approach and concept for the proposal; writing programmatic sections of the document closely with the Lead Technical Writer; leading technical design from capture to the final submission, including research, partnering, and supporting writers of all proposal sections; and collaborating closely with the Budget/Contracts Manager to ensure that the technical program comports with the budgetary and contractual requirements.
- 15 plus years in the agriculture sector with at least 5 years of experience in seed and seed systems in Africa and other emerging markets. The seed specific expertise will include experience on 1 or more of the following areas: private sector seed production and marketing, seed policy and regulatory environment development, increasing small holder access to seed, varietal development, seed multiplication and/or seed certification.
- Experience designing and/or managing agribusiness development projects is preferred;
- Experience in proposal writing as lead technical writer is preferred.
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience preferred;
- Master’s Degree in related field required, PhD preferred;
- Strong written and verbal English language skills required