CNFA is seeking the services of a Technical Lead for a short- to medium-term assignment to support the development of a proposal in response to the RFP for the USAID Rwanda Orora Wihaze opportunity. The selected consultant will work closely with CNFA staff and will be responsible for providing technical input to CNFA’s proposal.
Tasks & Deliverables:
- Read the RFP for the Orora Wihaze Activity and review existing capture research on this opportunity.
- Support the proposal team in the development of the strategic approach, including win themes, results framework, objectives, and activities.
- Provide written technical input into the development of the proposal, including conducting research and working collaboratively with the Lead Writer and CNFA staff to develop the technical sections of the proposal.
- Conduct a capture trip, as decided upon with the proposal team.
- Identify and recommend potential local partners, organizations, and personnel that the proposal team should meet for gathering contextual information, discussing opportunities for collaboration, and obtaining buy-in to the CNFA proposal and bidding strategy.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, or a related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise in agricultural development, livestock productivity, market systems development, and nutrition required.
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 5 years providing technical oversight and leadership on development projects required, experience with USAID projects preferred.
- Experience working in Rwanda preferred.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Familiarity with CNFA’s technical and geographic program areas preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.