The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Social Behavior Change Advisor.
- 4+ years of social behavior change experience, including the use of mass media, interpersonal communication, advocacy, and community mobilization is required;
- Experience designing, implementing, and adapting social behavior change platforms for rural communities is required;
- Experience supporting staff members from diverse backgrounds adapt social behavior change techniques into their respective technical field is strongly preferred;
- Experience in reporting to donors, success stories, and publications is strongly preferred;
- 2+ years of experience working on donor-funded projects is preferred, USAID experience is strongly preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required;
- Familiarity with the Northern Kenyan Livestock Sector is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.