CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Senior Policy/Institutional Development Specialist position for an anticipated USAID-funded Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. The purpose of this Activity is to sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The following Senior Policy/Institutional Development Specialist characteristics, skills, experience and education are demonstrative of the skills necessary to fulfilling this role:
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Quantitative Social Science or other relevant degree is highly desirable.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of trade and investment framework development is highly desirable.
- Experience working with host country public agencies and ministries as well as with private sector advocacy organizations is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in policy reform process facilitation, public-private dialogue and institution coalition building in rural economies is desirable.
- Experience with policy research, policy advocacy coordination and support to both public and private businesses and related civil society organizations is desirable.
- Experience and familiarity with agricultural development and policy issues, especially in the livestock sector in the African context, agriculture sector strategies and investment plans is desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Women and Rwandan national are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.