AMD Program Description
AMD will support the development of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture sector by providing technical, marketing, and infrastructure (equipment) development services. The primary objective of AMD is to improve the ability of Pakistan’s Agriculture and Livestock Sector to meet both International and domestic demand in targeted product lines. AMD will contribute to achieving a more competitive agricultural sector and allow for increased access to both export and domestic markets of select high value products. AMD will also assist in the development of market systems, quality standards, marketing associations, and better cooperation/coordination among traders, buyers and growers.
The Chief of Party will act as the key liaison between CNFA and USAID/Pakistan, (funding mechanism) and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Pakistan officials involved with the program. You will provide overall leadership management, general technical direction, and finance and administrative guidance to ensure accurate, timely compliance with USAID regulations and CNFA policies, thus ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. You will identify issues and risks related to the program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Program Management, manages all operations related to the project according to the work plan, project document and implementation strategy.
- Troubleshoot, as needed, to prevent disruptions in daily program activities – provides overall supervision for the implementation and integration of all program activities and provides overall direction to daily implementation plans to ensure all program goals are met.
- Develop and implement a work plan using the technique of logical framework to guarantee the application of the results and objectives of the project, within budget and timing set.
- Ensure and support the correct identification of the target areas of the project and oversee the development.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of the project’s integrated components and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor the achievement of results, ensuring compliance of project indicators.
- Monitor and manage the budget and financing expenses ensuring that they are within the framework of regulations and procedures.
- Ensure active participation and representation at different levels of the project nationally and internationally.
- Master’s degree in, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, rural development economics, or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience leading multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- Preferred experience in market development, value addition, agribusiness development, or value chain development;
- Seven (7) years of management experience of projects of similar complexity with experience with direct supervision of professional managing teams and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- Strong technical expertise in agriculture development, horticultural production and marketing, with experience in the region and demonstrated ability to engage with private sector partners.
- Demonstrated, excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required; experience managing a USAID funded program highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff to identify and resolve key barriers to progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.