Project Background: CNFA is preparing a proposal to USAID for the Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project. The purpose of the five year, $29-35 million project is to increase the resilience, inclusiveness and sustainability of income growth, focusing on agriculture. The project will have an office in Kathmandu and a regional office in western Nepal.
Position Summary: The Director, Partnerships and Innovation Fund will be responsible for leadership of the Project’s Partnership and Innovation Fund. Under KISAN II, the Fund will use a variety of funding mechanisms to ease agricultural value chain bottlenecks; test, pilot and scale innovative business models and technology solutions; and unlock the transformational potential of selected market systems. The Director will work closely with the Chief of Party and other project leadership, under the guidance of USAID, on the strategic direction of the Fund.
- Preferably a Master’s level degree in a field related to agriculture, economics, development or business;
- Demonstrated leadership in Nepal in at least two of the fields of: development, agriculture, business, and technology, and at least some knowledge of the others;
- Experience in the management of grants and contracts to organizations; experience managing sub-awards under USAID funding preferred;
- Experience developing new partnerships;
- Demonstrated results around innovation and incubation of new ideas;
- Experience in private-public partnerships, in agriculture preferred;
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills;
- Experience in the following areas an advantage: resilience; gender equality and social inclusion; nutrition; climate change adaptation and natural resource management; youth; governance.
- Fluency in Nepali and English, including strong English writing skills;
- Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
This is an active recruit, candidates will be interviews on a rolling basis.