CNFA is seeking applications from qualified candidates for an anticipated project supporting the USAID Feed the Future objective of substantially reducing poverty and hunger in Nepal. This project will focus on improving agricultural productivity; strengthening the competitiveness, resilience, and inclusiveness of market systems; strengthening the enabling environment; and increasing resilience of vulnerable communities through business literacy by applying a collaboration, learning, and adaptation approach.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall management of the project, including the technical, financial, and administrative functions. S/he will provide technical leadership and vision to the project team, ensuring a strong commitment to CNFA’s guiding principles of fostering inclusive development, facilitating connections to the private sector, developing sustainable models, building strong partnerships, incorporating innovation, managing client funds responsibly, and continuously incorporating learning into program interventions. The Chief of Party will ensure the project efficiently and effectively meets or exceeds agreed upon performance targets while maintaining compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he will serve as the project’s primary interlocutor with USAID and will liaise closely with a variety of stakeholders, including other donors and implementing partners, private sector firms, government officials, and research and academic institutes.
- 10+ years of technical and/or managerial experience with donor-funded development programs focused on market systems and/or value development, including at least 3 years of experience in senior leadership positions; USAID experience preferred
- Sound technical understanding of inclusive agricultural market system development programming in Asia, preferably including Nepal
- Strong understanding of, and commitment to, the project’s goal of transforming market systems to improve food security and nutrition
- Excellent management, leadership, and interpersonal skills, with ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate the project team
- Strong analytical skills and oral and written communication capabilities
- Fluency in English is required, Nepali language skills strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in economic development, agribusiness, agriculture, or a related field or bachelors degree and 5 additional years of technical/managerial experience required
- Women and national professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline for submission is September 23, 2016.