CNFA is currently seeking a Proposal Technical Lead Consultant to support proposal development activities. The consultancy will be based in Washington, DC or remotely but will include international travel. The Consultant will serve as a technical lead or advisor for proposal development for agribusiness and private sector development, the facilitation of investment, export promotion and competitiveness.
The Consultant will work closely with the assigned CNFA Proposal teams to produce inputs. All deliverables will be completed by the Consultant in compliance with relevant donor standards and CNFA’s processes, including maintaining CNFA formatting rules and timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting research to develop context and priorities in target technical or geographic areas
- Leading or participating in international trips as required
- Identifying and setting up meetings with private sector firms, consultants, government, local organizations and other key stakeholders to realize opportunities for collaboration
- Working with proposal teams to contribute to proposal design and provide inputs
- Identifying and recommending relevant qualified personnel
- Identifying and recommending relevant qualified international and/or local partners
- Providing written inputs and consolidated trip/meeting notes as required
- Other assignments to be determined as mutually agreed
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in agribusiness and/or investment facilitation, export promotion and competitiveness in a development context;
- Proven track record of successful technical design, analysis, and solutions facilitation for development projects in relevant components, including working in developing country;
- Master’s degree in agronomy, agriculture, economics, or related field is required;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded proposals or projects of similar scope/size;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.