We are looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting using pastel are a large part of the Assistant Accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and be attentive to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the organization to be fully aware of its financial position.
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Updating advances and liquidations
- Updating accounts payable and perform reconciliations for vouchers and matching grants
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded in Pastel
- Processing of payments to vendors.
- Review and process employee advances and acquittals.
- Processing of statutory obligations e.g. Zimra and NSSA
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist Senior Accountant in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting tasks
- Proven accounting experience
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Experience in engaging with statutory bodies (e.g. Zimra)
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Pastel)
- Degree in accounting
- A holder of a professional Accounting qualification or studying towards one will be an added advantage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.