The Logistics Officer is a key member of the CNFA operations team, under the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Coordinate logistics operations, including, material and personnel and provide logistics support to ongoing operations in the consortium;
- Ensure that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs;
- Assist Operations Manager to administer day-to-day administrative and operations activities;
- Coordinate logistics and procurement activities with programme, finance, and other substantive units;
- Prepare reports on material movements and other operational logistics issues;
- Ensure that accurate and complete operations, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained; maintain orderly files;
- Keep abreast of changes in all governmental taxes, duty fees, levies and procedures effecting procurement;
- Ensure compliance of procurement rules and procedures in the purchase of goods and services;
- Timely verifying and keep updated fixed assets/inventory registers which are audit ready. Ensure
- all have inventory is tagged;
- Ensure periodic maintenance of all the equipment consulting with divisional heads;
- Keep updated records of the administrative activities and institutional documents such as; Policy Guidelines, Certificates, Registration Books, Contracts, Minutes;
- Coordinate and keep updated the records of all Operations. Follow up on and assure the management of all these contracts (rent of the offices, houses, vehicle agreements);
- Monitor the performance of the logistics assistant, drivers, messengers, cleaners.
- Match appropriate vehicles to drivers based upon the nature of the work. Must often react quickly to rapid changes in vehicles and personnel scheduling;
- Coordinate, vehicle pool management, travel management, maintenance management. In addition to having direct responsibility for providing the daily support to Operations Manager;
- Regularly check the vehicle tracking, vehicle booking forms vehicle log books and
- ensure logistics assistant has filed accurately to respective files;
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained on a daily basis using a progressive series of daily, weekly and monthly checklists;
- Guarantee that all vehicles receive timely servicing including oil and fluid changes;
- Make sure that all vehicles going to the field are thoroughly inspected by the drivers before travelling;
- Conduct random checks on all vehicles for security equipment such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers, repair kits, spare tires, flashlights, seat belts and all-weather gear;
- Review all vehicle log sheets on a weekly basis;
- Input all log sheets data into the computerized vehicle management system for analysis and reporting;
- Ensure that all vehicles are properly licensed and insured;
- Organize and retain a standard and comprehensive set of files covering maintenance records, log sheets, travel requests, checklists, quotes, etc.
- Follow-up with the Finance Department on all accounts payables.
- Perform any other activities as instructed by the Operations Manager or Chief of Party
- Professionalism – Honest, reliable strong personal initiative and willingness to accept responsibilities; comprehensive grasp of logistics, operations and practices; ability to deploy to districts and to operate independently on short notice for limited duration.
- Communication – Good communication skills including ability to prepare and present concise oral and written logistics operations reports, briefings, updates and other documentation.
- Coordination – Demonstrated planning and organizing – Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work plans.
- Judgment/Decision Making – Sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve operations issues/problems. Good negotiating skills. Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners
- University degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience in areas such as transport or logistic operations/management, supply chain management, etc. Advanced university degree in relevant field such as Business Administration/Logistics preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in logistics operations.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. A local language/s in areas of operation is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.