The Communications Officer will be a part of CNFA’s Communications Team and will work closely supporting the communications team lead in developing and managing our digital media footprint, social media presence, and supporting corporate communications, public relations, and field communications activities. The Communications Officer will work closely with members of the team to help shape CNFA’s digital communications strategy, grow our digital audiences, manage our website, and curate the overall aesthetic of the global CNFA brand(s) online and in marketing collateral. The Communications Officer will work closely with the communications team lead, within the Communications Team, to ensure that all corporate communications activities are integrated to support CNFA’s global initiatives and programs
- Manage the website(s) for CNFA, CNFA Europe and affiliate entities, create content, and utilize other digital mediums and social tools to promote CNFA and its global impact;
- Work closely with the communications director, to develop and maintain a digital communications strategy that aligns with the overall Communications Strategy;
- Responsible for developing content for regularly updated social medical channels including Facebook, Twitter, and others of strategic value working closely with the communications team lead and support the delivery of innovative social media campaigns, within budget, to achieve defined objectives;
- Work with the communications team director to support media relations efforts to enhance CNFA’s brand and mission, which includes writing press releases, media pitches, articles, op-eds, and parallel messaging on social channels;
- As needed, provide support to work and develop materials, graphics, branded proposals, presentations and leverage events and other opportunities to maximize impact with current and potential partners;
- Responsible for compiling and editing monthly newsletter content including layout and final product;
- Lead the design of all organizational materials developed for annual meetings including annual reports, brochures, and newsletters;
- Provide field support including travel to assigned projects including regular monthly updates with the field communications team as well as any additional support needed by the programs in-country
- Assist communications team lead in execution of advocacy and strategic communications opportunities for CNFA
- Responsible for developing CNFA collateral items including branded letterheads, proposal cover pages, ppt presentations, other
- Event support – assist corporate communications and program communications in developing and organizing CNFA-sponsored public events, as well as Board of Director meetings, speaking engagements and the like;
- Serves on committees as assigned; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BA/BS from an accredited college or university required;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field;
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use online tools to communicate with and motivate target groups to take actions, including email, social media and online video for comparable programs or organizations;
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills; superior attention to detail;
- Ability to think strategically, set priorities and manage concurrent projects, handle pressure, manage time effectively, exercise independent judgment and assume responsibility for seeing projects through to timely and successful completion;
- Self-motivated; willingness to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge and familiarity with web writing and other content development tools for the Internet;
- Ability to work across-platforms (Mac and Windows OS) and keep up with technology in quickly changing environment;
- Experience in a non-profit environment and demonstrated interest in international development;
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Prior media relations experience desired, but not required;
- Domestic and international travel is required up to 20%; and
- US Work Authorization Required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.