CNFA is implementing a three-year USAID-funded Feed the Future Ethiopia Farm Service Center Project. The Feed the Future Ethiopia Farm Service Center Project provides technical backstopping to the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA), which is establishing 20 new Farm Service Centers (FSCs) throughout Oromia, Amhara, Tigray and SNNPR. These FSCs are private, retail input and farm service supply businesses that serve as an innovative and replicable model for scale up in Ethiopia and throughout Africa. In addition, the Feed the Future Ethiopia Farm Service Center Project is strengthening the apex wholesale buying entity, EGAA Agricultural Input Suppliers PLC (EGAA), which was formed under the Commercial Farm Service Program and has been designed to streamline the inventory needs of the FSCs from multinational suppliers.
- Assess and observe possible scenarios existing business strategy at EGAA Agricultural Input Supplies PLC and provide concrete steps forward to guide EGAA’s business linkages approach with local and multinational input supply corporations;
- Design and develop a reliable business linkages strategy document for EGAA to establish long-term business relationships with top tier suppliers.
Desired Qualifications of Volunteer
- MA/MSc Degree in a relevant field with at least 10 years of experience in international marketing/business management; or a BA degree with equivalent years of experience;
- Practical and proven experience in designing business negotiation methodologies and guidelines;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Exposure to USAID or other donor-funded programs;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
- Must be citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Application deadline: December 5, 2016.