Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
The M&E intern will report to and work directly with the MEL Manager. The intern will conduct learning unit research and support routine M&E work. She/he will support and learn all aspects of research, monitoring, evaluation and learning including but not limited to data collection, entry, analysis and report writing.
- Support preparatory work for agricultural outcome surveys, including mobilizing enumerators, survey materials and lists of interviewees
- Support collection of quantitative and qualitative data using both formal and informal approaches
- Capture research data using appropriate software
- Support analysis of agricultural outcome survey data using SPSS or related packages to produce various statistics including confidence interval and standard error of estimates
- Support district MEL team by ensuring a regular supply of (blank) training registers and other data collection tools
- Maintain a tracker on routine data entry into the electronic database and facilitate data flow in the MEL unit (between HQ and districts)
- Support report writing of special studies
- The position is targeted at students studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in Research Methods and Quantitative Skills (including software), Agriculture, Nutrition, Communications/Writing or other relevant field.
- A strong interest and solid foundation in research methods and tools is a requirement. Applicants must have a support letter from their learning institution.
To apply Qualified candidates should send their detailed CVs and cover letters to: Amalima.email@example.com write title of the position they are applying for in the subject line by 9th April 2018.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.