Summer Term: Immediate – September 29, 2017.
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $11.50 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Executive Assistant, the LMD intern assists the Vice Presidents for Programs and several Program Officers with backstopping CNFA’s Livestock Market Development Project in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Executive Assistant in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Backstop all aspects of the LMD Project;
- Facilitate communications between field offices and the DC home office headquarters through conference calls, correspondence, and contact lists;
- Review, edit and translate program documents, as appropriate, including all types of reports submitted to home office from the field;
- Research various features of existing programs and new business;
- Participate in discussions of program strategy and the field of international development;
- Arrange international travel logistics for program officers and consultants with regard to air, hotel, and embassy visits to obtain visas;
- Assist in the implementation of internal and donor Monitoring & Evaluation to track key program indicators; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask;
- Administrative background and interest in program management;
- Strong research skills and experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis; and
- Advanced language skills may also be beneficial.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
All internship applicants should submit their CV, Cover Letter and 3 Professional References.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.