Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Access to Finance Expert-Kenya LWA
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for an Access to Finance Expert.
- 5+ years of experience improving access to finance for communities with limited exposure and ability to use financial products, including advising businesses and community groups and collaborating with financial institutions is required;
- Experience in the design, implementation, and adaptation of financial products and services for under-served communities and individuals is required;
- Experience in private-sector finance, including financial institutions, microfinance, banks, and other financial service providers is strongly preferred;
- 2+ years of experience working on donor-funded projects is required, USAID experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience increasing access to finance for women and youth is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of the conditions that limit access to finance for pastoralists is preferred;
- Familiarity with livestock insurance mechanisms is preferred;
- Familiarity with the Northern Kenyan Livestock Sector is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.