Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Access to Finance Specialist–Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
Brief Project Overview:
The Rwanda Nguriza Nshore activity seeks to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate more and higher wage employment for the broad majority of Rwandans who are currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The activity’s goal is to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm businesses that can generate productive off-farm employment for rural populations in order to reduce poverty. It will achieve this by alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship, in particular but not exclusively, constraints to finance.
Access to Finance Specialist: Ideal Candidate’s Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in agricultural finance or development finance is required, experience in private sector work is preferred;
- Experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Experience with firm-level capacity building preferred;
- Experience working with commercial banks is an asset;
- Experience working in Rwanda is highly preferred, regional experience also an asset;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French is an asset.
Women and Rwandan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.