Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Pakistan
Accountant – Pakistan
About the Project:
PATTA is a 4-year USAID funded project that will bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan. PATTA is partnering with agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services with the potential to increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers while mobilizing private sector investment in agricultural technology. PATTA partnerships will provide smallholder farmers with broader access to affordable technologies to increase productivity, build resilience to climate change and reduce postharvest losses.
Working under the direct supervision of the program’s Finance and Compliance Manager, the project Accountant is responsible for overseeing project budgets and financial projections, manager daily financial transactions, prepare monthly financial reports and regularly communicates CNFA HO to troubleshoot financial issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform banking operations;
- Prepare payment instruments or instructions;
- Record financial transactions;
- Review field financial reports;
- Maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the fixed assets register;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of Program funds;
- Execute tasks to comply with local tax laws and donor value Added Tax (VAT) tax exemption requirements;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, and in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly reports;
- Monitor budgets;
- Manage office accounts and receipts to ensure program accountability;
- Maintain staff financial accounts for all PATTA staff;
- Process payments for all approved expenses;
- In conjunction with the Finance and Compliance Manager, ensure compliance with all USAID and CNFA procurement, expense, and reporting requirements;
- Verify accuracy and completeness of all expense documents;
- Handle processing of PATTA staff salaries; and
- Any other task, assigned by the Finance and Compliance Manager, Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party.
- At least seven years of relevant, professional experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility required, 10+ years preferred;
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant field; master’s degree preferred;
- Experience managing payrolls, handling inventory records, and or administrative duties.
- Experience in donor and local audit requirements;
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects is required, USAID experience preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and leadership skills, especially in dealing with those from other countries;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details; and
- Fluency in English is required
Interested candidates should submit CVs to email@example.com by October 20, 2019. Kindly clearly mention position title “Accountant” in email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.