Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Administrative/Human Resources Assistant
Program Description Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze
The primary objective of the Feed the Future Rwanda Hinga Weze activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmers’ income, improve nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate.
Under the supervision of the Operations and Procurement Manager, the ICT Officer/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for ensuring reliable local communications and connectivity between the provincial-level and home offices. S/he will be required to support the adoption and rollout of any new technology required to implement program activities in the target provinces and districts. S/he will also provide overall administrative support to the Hinga Weze program.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues;
- Integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems;
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Integrate and configure computer networking for best performance;
- Troubleshoot and repair of hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks;
- Identify security gaps and provide relevant solutions in consultation with the Operations manager;
- Test and evaluate all new technology including M&E systems e.g. database systems, websites etc.;
- In collaboration with ICT Partner and MEL Unit, develop participatory strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating the project;
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise Operations Unit on changes or improvements required;
- Help install and support of all ICT hardware and software;
- Provide overall administrative support to the Hinga Weze program.
- At least 5 years of experience providing information communications technology (ICT) and administrative support in a development context;
- Bachelors in information technology or a relevant field required;
- Fluency in English and advanced level of French and Kinyarwanda Fluent speaker of French and Kinyarwanda; and advanced speaker of English;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Experience working on USAID or other international donor-funded programs a plus;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
This position is open only to Rwandan Nationals.