Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Nigeria
Agribusiness Specialist – Nigeria
CNFA is currently seeking an Agribusiness Specialist on the Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity. The position will be based in Nigeria.The Agribusiness Specialist will work closely with technical teams to improve the legal and regulatory environment, investment promotion, and access to finance ecosystem to enhance the business enabling environment and foster private-sector investment in agricultural and agribusiness infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Activity will address the constrains that hinder the overall agricultural business environment in Nigeria and improve the levels of agriculture-related investments. The Agribusiness Specialist will support activities in the following areas: (1) Promotion of smart and efficient policy and regulations within the agricultural finance sector, (2) Mitigation of credit risks of agribusinesses and improvement in the services provided by financial institutions to agribusinesses, and (3) Strengthen the readiness of agribusinesses to access and manage investments.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant, progressively responsible experience is required;
- Proven track record in the developing, analyzing, and implementing projects focused on agribusinesses, agricultural finance, and agricultural value chains is required;
- Master’s degree, or higher, in economics, agricultural economics, business administration, or a related field, is required
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating private-sector investments and familiarity with Nigerian and/or West African government legal and regulatory frameworks is required;
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, or Africa as a whole, is an advantage;
- Experience effectively backstopping and reinforcing long- and short-term specialists, maintaining rigorous focus on project indicators and results, and the management and engagement of stakeholders to capitalize on any shared efficiencies is required; and;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required, knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.