Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
Agricultural Market Development Internship
Fall/Spring Term: December 4, 2017– May 31, 2018.
Internships are paid and full-time (40hrs/week) with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Internship Coordinator, the AMD intern assists the Vice President of Programs and Senior Program Officer and Program Coordinator backstopping CNFA’s Agricultural Market Development program in Pakistan.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed;
- Backstop all aspects of the Agricultural Market Development(AMD);
- Facilitate communications between field offices and the DC home office headquarters through conference calls, correspondence, and contactlists;
- Assist the AMD project vetting processes and data collection;
- Provide quality control in deliverables and documentation, Review, edit and translate program documents, as appropriate, including all types of reports submitted to home office from thefield;
- Assist the Project Management Team in fielding international consultants on short-term technical assistance (STTA) assignments;
- Archiving project documents onto CNFA internal SharePoint designated to AMD;
- Assist with grant procurement and purchase orders payment facilitation process and other tasks as assigned by the Project backstopping team;
- Participate in discussions of program strategy and the field of international development;
- Arrange international travel logistics for program officers and consultants with regard to air, hotel, and embassy visits to obtainvisas;
- Assist in the implementation of internal and donor Monitoring & Evaluation totrack key program indicators;and
- Other tasks assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask;
- Administrative background and interest in program management;
- Strong research skills and experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis; and
- Advanced writing and editing skills in English required;
- Previous experience working in Pakistan is preferred;
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development;and
- An interest in agriculture and agribusiness preferred;
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.