Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
Agricultural Market Development Internship
Fall Term: August 16, 2018 – December 31, 2018
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $13.25 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Agricultural Market Development team and the Internship Coordinator, the AMD Program intern assists in implementing and monitoring the Agriculture Market Development Program in Pakistan, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed;
- Provide quality control in deliverables and documentation by copyediting and formatting, in collaboration with the PMU.
- Assist the PMU with arranging consultancy and staff short-term technical assistance (STTA) assignments, specifically through organizing visas, travel and related logistics, and processing payments related to travel and consultancies. Potential opportunity to learn how to create consultancy contracts and travel budgets.
- Information management, explicitly archiving project documents on CNFA’s internal SharePoint and collaborating with the PMU to improve the current filing system to be audit-ready and user-friendly. Potential opportunity to lead/coordinate an information management project, after an initial assessment.
- Assist the PMU with grant procurement, purchase orders and other payment facilitation processes as requested.
- Participate in weekly field calls and meetings and circulate notes to project leadership.
- Potential unique project to help the PMU development an intern guidebook, which will primarily be a living document of all processes learned to streamline training.
- Strong interest in streamlining work processes, with excellent organizational skills, ability tomultitask and pay attention to detail;
- The preferred candidate will not only follow tasks, but take ownership and collaborate with the PMU as we improve our processes;
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and office work, with proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
- Strong writing and copyediting skills in the English language;
- Knowledge of basic budgets preferred.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development;and
- An interest in agriculture and agribusiness preferred;
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.