Team: Programs | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Republic of Georgia
Agricultural Marketing Specialist
USAID/Georgia’s Restoring Efficiency to Agriculture Production (REAP) is a five year, $19.5 million program that is designed to increase income and employment in rural areas by delivering firm-level investment and technical assistance to expand the operation of existing smallholder farmers and rural enterprises. Utilizing a $6 million matching grant fund, REAP invested in 70 agribusinesses to launch new successful companies, upgrade their equipment, and improve their operational efficiencies that will enable the companies to increase their purchases of raw material and provide additional services to smallholders.
In Project Year Four (PY4), REAP plans to support its grant recipients and beneficiaries to develop promotional materials that effectively communicate the enterprise’s brand and ensure a broader outreach that will ultimately improve their competitiveness, increase sales, and support sustainability. Within this activity, REAP will focus efforts on supporting processors that sell consumer products both locally and internationally. Utilizing local consulting and branding services, REAP will support the development of promotional materials including corporate brochures, logos, short video clips and newsletters that that will assist grantee enterprises to improve their brand recognition on the local market and to effectively present at local and international trade fairs.
The objective of this assignment is to assist in the preparation and review of English language marketing texts for promotional materials. To be most effective, it is essential for copywriting to clearly communicate the company’s unique selling proposition, fall in line with best international practices and standards, and be clearly understood by key audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected consultant will be available to and will work closely with REAP’s Business Development Manager and selected local consultants and/or branding agencies to review marketing and promotional materials and to develop English marketing texts that are in line with best international practices and standards. In particular, the consultant will be responsible for:
· Reviewing the structure/ content and editing, as appropriate, the English version of print promotional materials (at least 10 brochures, 10 company profiles and 6 newsletters).
· Reviewing the structure/content and editing, as appropriate, the English version of promotional clips to be used by companies at international trade fairs (at least 8 clips).
· Reviewing the content and editing, as appropriate, the English version of websites developed for targeted companies (at least 3 websites).
In accordance with the consultancy, the consultant shall:
· Provide final English texts for brochures, newsletters, company profiles for companies targeted for REAP’s marketing assistance; and,
· Provide final English texts for clips and websites for targeted companies.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
The consultancy will provide support to REAP throughout Project Year 4 and will take place between 10/15/2016 and 09/30/2017. This consultancy will be provided offsite and will not exceed 35 days during Project Year Four.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.