Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Burkina Faso
Agriculture and Livelihood Lead – Burkina Faso
CNFA is currently accepting applications for an Agriculture and Livelihood Lead for an anticipated Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Burkina Faso. The anticipated project will be a five-year project to improve and sustain food and nutrition security in the Centre Nord region of Burkina Faso through addressing the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity.
Position duties and responsibilities:
- Consolidate, develop, and strengthen DFSA’s strategic and technical leadership in food security and livelihoods by conducting situational analysis and assessment, identifying priorities and providing support in designing DFSA interventions;
- Provide technical input for project implementation activities and participate in project management meetings to ensure integrated interventions and implementation;
- Build team capacity by planning and conducting technical trainings for field staff;
- Support the field and home office teams in identifying and solving technical difficulties, drafting reports to capture gaps, challenges, and opportunities in project execution;
- In coordination with the program team, develop, execute, and monitor work plans for agriculture and livelihood activities;
- Represent CNFA and provide technical inputs for DFSA related national/international events, and stakeholders’ meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including agriculture, agriculture economics, international development, food security, or a related field;
- At least five (5) years of experience working on similar projects focused on food security and livelihoods; experience working on USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred;
- Experience overseeing activities related to agriculture, non-agricultural employment, and livelihoods;
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, and the private sector;
- Spoken and written proficiency in English and French; knowledge of local language(s) preferred;
- Experience working in Burkino Faso, preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.