Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Animal Health Advisor
Brief Project Overview
The USAID/Rwanda Feed the Future Orora Wihaze- Increased Protein for Dietary Diversity Activity will sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal-source foods (ASF) to improve the dietary diversity scores of women of reproductive age (15-49 years), especially pregnant and lactating women (PLW) and children between the age of 6-23 months (CU2) in poor rural households. The target value chains for the activity are poultry, egg, pig, goat and fish.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants foran Animal Health Advisor. Women and Rwandan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- Degree in veterinary science required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years working on animal health for a donor-funded project.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement extension and other training programs.
- Experience working in Rwanda is highly preferred;
- Strong English and Kinyarwandan skills required; knowledge of French preferred.