Team: Programs | Commitment: Volunteer | Location: Ethiopia
Business Analysis for EGAA
CNFA is implementing a three-year USAID-funded Feed the Future Ethiopia Farm Service Center Project. Feed the Future Ethiopia Farm Service Center Project provides technical backstopping to the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) which is establishing about 20 new Farm Service Centers (FSCs) throughout Oromia, Amhara, Tigray and SNNPR. These FSCs are private, retail input and farm service supply businesses that serve as an innovative and replicable model for scaling up private farm input and service networks in Ethiopia and throughout Africa. In addition, Feed the Future Ethiopia Farm Service Center Project is strengthening the apex whole sale buying entity, EGAA Agricultural Input Suppliers PLC (EGAA), which was formed under the Commercial Farm Service Program and has been designed to streamline the inventory needs of the FSCs from multinational suppliers.
- Observe implementation and improvement in the prior year review and offer recommendations.
- Identify opportunities for EGAA to improve its business operations based on the findings of business performance review;
- Provide business performance improvements and improvement action plan with relevant business performance indicators.
- Conduct analysis of business operations performance of EGAA’s business operations for Project Year 2016 in order to identify weaknesses and strengths in general, business relationships and operations;
- Provide list of action items along with steps to execute action item plans. This task requires specific performance improvement measurement indicators and means of verifications for each performance improvement indictor.
Desired Qualifications of Volunteer
- MA/MSc Degree in a relevant field with extensive experience in business analysis, and 10 years of relevant work experience of which 10 years in similar positions; or BA degree with equivalent years of experience;
- Practical experience in strategic planning, business model analysis, process design, and system analysis skills;
- Excellent project management & communications skills;
- Exposure to USAID or other donor-funded programs;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines;
- Practical experience is most appreciated;
- Must be citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Desired Impacts of this Assignment
- Improved sales as a result of improved and streamlined business operations;
- Increased number of stakeholders and new FSCs operating and partnering with EGAA;
- Sales trends defined;
- Increased volume of operations measured in terms of monetary values.