Team: CNFA Europe | Commitment: Career | Location: Tanzania
Business Development Expert, Consulting Services for Fund Manager, SAGCOT Investment Project – Tanzania
CNFA is seeking a Business Development Expert for the Consulting Services of Fund Manager activity under the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) project. SAGCOT Catalytic Trust Fund (CTF) has received funding from the World Bank (WB) for stimulating business linkages between stallholder farmers and value chain buyers operating in Tanzania through Matching Grants. SAGCOT-CTF has been established as a public-private partnership to stimulate responsible and sustainable commercial development in the Southern Corridor of Tanzania and ensure clear benefits for smallholder farmers and their communities while improving food security, environmental sustainability and increased incomes.
- A post-graduate degree in agriculture, business administration, economics, or equivalent qualification;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in agribusiness project development with at least 3 years project management of matching grants (or related project) financing;
- Considerable knowledge of sound business development procedures including business financing, human resources, IT, inbound logistics, operations, and sales and marketing;
- Understanding of economic and or financial evaluation tools including ratios, cash flows, break-even points, etc.;
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions
- Skills in preparing and presenting accurate written and oral summaries of business and financial analyses prepared;
- English fluency required, knowledge of Swahili strongly preferred
Women and Tanzanian national professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline for submission is November 17, 2017.