Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is an integral member of CNFA’s New Business Development Team contributing to the business development process in the construction of winning proposals enabling the organization to grow strategically.
- Lead proposal teams and manage the entire proposal development process including facilitation of proposal design and writing; management of high-level partner and staff identification, recruitment, selection and negotiations; support to pricing; and high-level review and consolidation of proposal inputs with a particular focus on ensuring compliance and competitiveness
- Contribute to writing of management, personnel, and past performance sections of proposals as well as technical and other sections, as needed
- Manage the drafting and completion all proposal annexes
- Contribute to and lead business planning and capture activities including networking, research, and analysis to collect information that contributes to our ability to: make strategic and informed decisions regarding new business ventures; position CNFA given evolving trends in agriculture sector development; and identify upcoming opportunities
- Assist with the creation of institutional systems related to (1) improving methods of forecasting upcoming business opportunities and developing plans at the country and regional levels; (2) ensuring processes and tools/templates for proposal development increase efficiencies and competitiveness (and contribute to staff training related to these processes and tools); (3) increasing collaboration across the organization in capture and proposal development; and (4) ensuring proper adherence to good proposal management practices
- Ensure final submission of complete, compliant, and competitive technical and cost proposals and addenda (including owning formatting, stylistics, and other presentation functions associated with production and delivery)
- Coordinate and facilitate critical meetings throughout the proposal process including kick-off meetings, design sessions, review panel discussions, and post-submission debriefs and after action reviews
- Represent CNFA at conferences workshops, client meetings, and other relevant industry gatherings
- Perform a variety of other related duties as required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in international development, business, economics, agriculture, or similar field; Masters in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in international development
- Minimum of 3 years of USAID or similar donor proposal management experience
- Excellent conceptual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven experience new business development and/or fundraising
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to actively participate in and facilitate group meetings with a diversity of participants
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in order to gain support and achieve results
- Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
- Ability to work in an environment with international objectives
- Ability to be flexible and interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to travel as required
- Proficiency with MS Office suite required
- US work Authorization Required.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on your permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. CNFA does not sponsor work visas.