Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Business Development, Marketing, and Finance Specialist – Rwanda
CNFA is currently seeking a Business Development, Marketing, and Finance Specialist to support an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity in Kigali, Rwanda. The position will support the sustainable increase in availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The Activity will strengthen and develop a private-sector led animal source food value chain and increase demand for animal source foods through nutrition and behavior change communications.
CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has more than 30 years of successful project design and implementation in the Hinga Weze Activity in Rwanda and livestock and nutrition activities in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Niger, and Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Development, Market and Finance Development Specialist (BMFDS) will lead the design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the activity’s objectives around business and financial services, as well as marketing activities. S/he will work with local partners and conduct regular site visits to ensure effective implementation while coordinating closely with other technical team leaders to increase impact of program interventions and ensure effective integration of activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in agricultural development, business, marketing, or other relevant equivalent field is required, Master’s degree preferred;
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the provision of financial services or provision of business development services is required;
- Experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in public-private engagement is desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in identifying market opportunities in local and export markets;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda and/or French is desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.