Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Malawi
Call for Experts – Malawi
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2019 Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations. This program will reduce food insecurity among vulnerable populations and help build resilience in communities facing chronic poverty and recurrent crises through a multi-sectoral approach including food-supporting agriculture interventions, income diversification, preventive approaches to malnutrition and disaster risk reduction, among other activities.
CNFA is seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Food for Peace Program Design Specialist
- Environmental Specialist
- Gender Specialist
- Commodity Management/Cash Transfer Specialist
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Food and Nutrition Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, or a related field is required; Master’s degree or higher is preferred;
- Minimum of five years of experience in subject matter is required;
- Demonstrated proposal development experience, including providing technical oversight and leadership; knowledge of Food for Peace highly preferred;
- Knowledge of Food for Peace conceptual and results framework and indicators, and experience in developing a milestone plan for results areas preferred;
- Experience working in Malawi or southern Africa is required;
- Ability to travel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.