Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Zimbabwe
Cash for Assets Specialist
CNFA is seeking a Cash for Assets (CFA) Specialist to support the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity in Zimbabwe. The position will be based in Zimbabwe. The CFA Specialist will provide leadership and technical support in project design, implementation, and management of CFA activities. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has 15 years of agriculture experience in Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the implementation of CFA activities and ensure they meet technical standards.
- Lead in the identification and selection of assets (dams, dip tanks, irrigation schemes, etc.) to be developed. Manage the design of assets to fit the context of the area where it will be built.
- Oversee the construction or rehabilitation of assets to ensure all assets are of high quality and structurally safe.
- Coordinate with local government and community members to ensure smooth implementation of asset construction and cash distribution.
- Ensure that all cash is properly accounted for, and bring any accounting discrepancies to the attention of the Project Manager.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and approved in advance to enhance efficient field operations.
- Ensure that cash is received by targeted beneficiaries.
- Train staff and community members on technical aspects of CFA.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required;
- At least three years’ relevant experience required;
- Proven experience working with rural communities and participatory planning required;
- Prior USAID experience preferred;
- Familiarity with Matabeleland North and/or South preferred;
- Ndebele fluency preferred;
- English fluency required.
Zimbabwean nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.