Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: West Africa
Cashew Technical Expert – West Africa Region
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Cashew Technical Expert position to support a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress (FFPr) program West Africa region (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria). The program aims to improve agricultural production and expand trade of agricultural products in developing countries through the donation of U.S. agricultural commodities.
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- At least five (5) years of experience serving as senior technical professional on a US-donor funded value chain initiative is required;
- Successful experience managing Food for Progress programs is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working in cashew nut production and marketing (i.e. trade, production, market linkages) or related sector is required.
- Experience of working within the food or agricultural private sector, in Public Private Partnerships, is strongly preferred;
- Experience providing technical oversight and leadership to facilitate expanded trade and competitiveness of agricultural value chains preferred;
- Experience overseeing value chain development or market systems development approach to improve a sectors market access and development;
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain positive, collaborative, and productive relationships with government and other local partners is required;
- Demonstrated experience serving as ambassador for home office, establishing and nurturing strong relationships with donor representatives and expanding business required;
- Experience working in West Africa, particularly in Ivory Coast, Benin, Ghana and Nigeria is preferred.
- English fluency required, knowledge of French strongly preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted