Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Burkina Faso
Chief of Party – Burkina Faso
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming FY 2018 Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will work at the individual, household, and systems levels to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations. This program will reduce food insecurity among vulnerable populations and help build resilience in communities facing chronic poverty and recurrent crises through a multi-sectoral approach including food-supporting agriculture interventions, income diversification, preventive approaches to malnutrition and disaster risk reduction, among other activities.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management, including the technical, financial and administrative functions of the project. The COP will identify issues and risks related to the program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he acts as the key liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, local implementing partners, and government officials involved with the program. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the agricultural sector in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly managing food security projects of at least $20-$30 million. He or she will be required to work with various stakeholders, including private sector firms, government officials, and other entities.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects, including USAID projects, is required;
- Prior experience managing development assistance projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries is required;
- Experience managing multi-sectoral projects including agricultural development, WASH, and maternal/child health and nutrition is required;
- Commitment to gender and youth integration in food security programming is required;
- Proven and demonstrable leadership skills are required;
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and manage staff;
- Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners is required;
- Experience in Burkina Faso and/or the Sahel is preferred;
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements is required;
- Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health or a related field is required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and other local language(s), is required.