Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Egypt
Chief of Party- Egypt Value-Added Agriculture Activity
Brief Project Overview:
CNFA is currently seeking application from qualified candidates for an anticipated project building on USAID’s investments in assisting Egypt’s small farmers to export horticulture produce that meet international standards. The project will improve Egypt’s food security through improved income for farmers and increase access to healthy and nutritious food for Egyptians. This activity will create additional linkages to provide high quality produce to local grocery stores, hotels, restaurants, and food processors in Egypt.
Chief of Party (CoP) Job Description:
Primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire proposed program, and stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Master’s degree in, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, rural development economics, or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience leading multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- Seven (7) years of management experience of projects of similar complexity with experience with direct supervision of professional managing teams and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- Strong technical expertise in agriculture development, horticultural production and marketing, with experience in Egypt and/or the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and demonstrated ability to engage with private sector partners.
- Demonstrated, excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English is required. High proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required; experience managing a USAID funded program highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff to identify and resolve key barriers to progress.