Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Nigeria
Chief of Party – Feed-the-Future Nigeria
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed-the-Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension Services and Advisory Services.The activity seeks to increase smallholder farmers’ productivity, incomes, and household nutrition status in seven Feed the Future (FTF) focus states across four geographic zones in Nigeria through strengthening sustainable agricultural extension and advisory services.
The COP should possess the intellectual leadership and strong management skills necessary to develop, articulate, and carry out a vision for the activity. The following characteristics, skills, experience and education are demonstrative of the skills necessary to fulfilling this role:
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical area is required.
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of agribusiness and/or value chains with experience extension systems is required.
- Experience with host country public agencies and ministries, as well as with private sector providers, is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas is desirable: extension services in government, agribusiness development, agriculture and value-chain development, and engaging in market-driven systems while engaging private sector providers and government agencies.
- Prior experience as a COP or similar role in the implementation of activities/projects of similar complexity to Feed-the-Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension Services and Advisory Services, experience managing teams of professionals, and experience with the administrative, procurement, hiring, recruitment, financial and logistical aspects of activity/project implementation.
- Experience working with international development agencies, recipient country governments, and the private sector in low-income countries is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners, and ability to lead multidisciplinary teams is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required, experience managing a USAID-funded program highly preferred;
- Experience in Nigeria or West Africa preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.