Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Global
Chief of Party – Food for Progress 2017-2018
USDA Food for Progress provides a mechanism through which donated U.S. agricultural commodities are sold at local markets of developing countries and the proceeds support programs that increase agricultural productivity and expand trade of agricultural products.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall management, oversight, and achievement of targeted results, including the technical, financial, and administrative functions of the project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors. The COP will identify issues and risks related to the program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he acts as the key liaison between USDA and all other counterparts, local implementing partners, and government officials involved with the program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful experience managing Food for Progress programs is required;
- At least three years of experience serving as program director or chief of party;
- Experience providing technical oversight and leadership to facilitate expanded trade and competitiveness of agricultural value chains preferred;
- Experience overseeing financial and administrative management of programs, including of personnel, reporting, budgeting and procurement for large, complex programs is required;
- Experience overseeing an M&E team to ensure high quality program reporting, monitoring, evaluation, and learning are required;
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain positive, collaborative, and productive relationships with government is required;
- Demonstrated experience serving as ambassador for home office, establishing and nurturing strong relationships with donor representatives and expanding business required;
- English fluency required, knowledge of relevant language strongly preferred.