Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Uganda
Chief of Party – FtF Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity
CNFA is currently seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future (FtF) Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity in Uganda. The Chief of Party will serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Uganda. S/he will provide overall leadership and manage the Contractor’s efforts to achieve the activity results. S/he will guide day-to-day implementation and management to ensure timely, relevant, high quality services of the
contract. The COP will also have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed. S/he will supervise the work of all personnel assigned tasks under the activity; ensure timely, accurate and user-friendly reporting on the progress and status of all services provided under the activity; and ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity of activity operations. The COP is also responsible for facilitating communication and close coordination with all stakeholders of the activity, including the GOU.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study such as rural and agricultural development, agricultural economics, market systems development, agribusiness and/ or business development, and social sciences or related field. OR, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with, at least, 5 years of international development experience.
- At least ten (10) years (15 years for holders of a Bachelor’s degree) of progressively increasing managerial responsibility in managing large comprehensive activities, with five of these being at the level of COP or Country Director or equivalent role for contracts of similar scope, size and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in adaptive management for improving business processes and program outcomes.
- At least fifteen (15) years’ experience living and working in developing country environments, with five of them preferably being in Africa.
- Working knowledge of and experience with management policies, regulations, and procedures for multilateral and bilateral-funded programs.
Women and Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.