Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Uganda
Chief of Party – FtF Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future (FtF) Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity in Uganda. The purpose of this Activity is to increase incomes and improve livelihoods of households through agricultural-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity will increase the institutional capacity of Government institutions, the private sector, and civil society organizations, and will create incentives for agribusinesses to invest in the market system and be more responsive to changes in it.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in international development projects, including USAID projects, is required;
- Prior experience managing development assistance projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries is required;
- Experience managing projects dealing with market systems, agribusiness, and capacity building
- Commitment to inclusiveness, including engaging women, youth, poor, and ethnic minorities in project activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required, experience managing a USAID funded program highly preferred, experience with other large donor programs an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff
- Master’s degree in relevant field is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required; Swahili and other regional languages preffered
- Experience in Uganda or Central and/or East Africa preferred.
Women and Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.