Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Chief of Party: Kenya FTF Livestock Market Systems Development Activity
The Feed the Future Kenya Livestock Market Systems Development Activity is a planned activity in Northern Kenya funded by USAID. The purpose of this activity is to enable people, households, and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability and strengthen their resilience so they can do sustainably, in the face of complex risk and recurrent shocks and stresses.
The Chief of Party will lead the overall management of the project and ensure the project efficiently meets or exceeds performance targets while maintaining compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he will provide strong technical leadership and ensure a strong commitment to CNFA’s guiding principles, chiefly, fostering inclusive development, facilitating connections to the private sector, developing self-sustaining projects, and encouraging innovation at all levels. The COP will serve as CNFA’s primary representative and the project’s interlocutor and will liaise closely with donors, other implementing partners, private sector firms, government officials, and institutions.
- 15+ years of technical experience with donor-funded development programs focused on value chain development, livestock, agriculture, or market systems, including at least 5+ years of experience in senior leadership positions;
- 5+ years of management experience of projects of similar complexity, with experience in direct supervision of management personnel and assembling teams on multi-faceted international development programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
- Demonstrated commitment to improving agriculture and/or livestock market systems for underserved communities
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, creative, and flexible;
- Experience in East Africa is required, preferably in northern Kenya;
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Livestock Management, Business, International Development, or a related field;
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Swahili is preferred.