Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Pakistan
Chief of Party – Pakistan Agricultural Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA)
The Chief of Party (“COP”) assumes responsibility for the submission of all acceptable deliverables. The COP will recruit and manage a team of local and international technical experts to ensure the submission of high quality deliverables and the successful implementation of the Statement of Work. The COP will also provide strategic guidance and leadership related to the planning, management, and contract implementation, including oversight of all aspects of the contract’s performance. The COP will also oversee the performance of the sub awardees/Grantees, ensuring timely progress against schedules, achievement of deliverables, and quality of results. The COP will serve as the contract’s principal contact person for USAID, adjusting operations in response to the COR’s technical direction. The COP will also serve as the main contact for local stakeholders, including civil society, government, private sector, and donor counterparts, when appropriate. The COP will possess strong intellectual, leadership and management skills, with a venture capital mindset and agribusiness background.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant field
- At least 7 years’ experience in agribusiness development with a focus on technologies, venture capital related to agribusinesses and technology, or other relevant experience
- At least 10 years of experience managing projects that support private sector development in emerging markets, preferably in South Asia
- Provide overall strategic management of the contract, ensuring all aspects of the contract are well coordinated and executed on time, and ensuring that the contract maximizes the resources and talents leveraged, and that anticipated outcomes and impacts are achieved.
- Lead development of an overall work plan for the contract, annual work plans, budgets, timelines, and other required deliverables that are essential for successful contract performance.
- Management of all aspects of implementation in meeting the objectives of the contract, including technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management of contract components and activities.
- Supervise contract technical and administrative staff, including staff responsible for diverse technical activities related to implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of the contract to ensure completion of deliverables.
- Serve as the key liaison between USAID and all other counterparts and local implementing partners involved with the contract to achieve results.
- Manage subcontractors/sub grantees to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements.