Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Chief of Party–Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
Brief Project Overview:
The Rwanda Nguriza Nshore activity seeks to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate more and higher wage employment for the broad majority of Rwandans who are currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The activity’s goal is to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm businesses that can generate productive off-farm employment for rural populations in order to reduce poverty. It will achieve this by alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship, in particular but not exclusively, constraints to finance.
Chief of Party: Ideal Candidate’s Expereince
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience leading multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills;
- 10 years of management experience of projects of similar complexity with experience with direct supervision of professional managing teams and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs;
- Strong technical expertise in agricultural finance or development finance, experience in private sector work preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required, experience managing a USAID funded program highly preferred, experience with other large donor programs an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff to identify and resolve key barriers to progress.
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field;
- Experience working in Rwanda is highly preferred, regional experience also an asset;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; knowledge of Kinyarwanda and/or French is an asset.