Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Chief of Party – Rwanda
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. The purpose of this Activity is to sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The COP should possess the intellectual leadership and strong management skills necessary to develop, articulate, and carry out a vision for the activity. The following characteristics, skills, experience and education are demonstrative of the skills necessary to fulfilling this role:
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical area is highly desirable.
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of agribusiness, trade or private sector development is highly desirable.
- Experience with host country public agencies and ministries, as well as with private sector advocacy organizations, is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas is desirable: public private partnerships, agricultural policy reform and the facilitation of the policy reform process in the Sub-Saharan African context, public-private dialogue, and institution coalition building in rural economies.
- Prior experience as a chief of party or similar role in the implementation of activities/projects of similar complexity to Orora Wihaze, experience managing teams of professionals, and experience with the administrative, procurement, hiring, recruitment, financial and logistical aspects of activity/project implementation.
- Experience working with international development agencies, recipient country governments, and the private sector in low-income countries is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners, and ability to lead multidisciplinary teams is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required, experience managing a USAID-funded program highly preferred;
- Experience in Rwanda or Central and/or East Africa preferred
Women and Rwandan national are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.