Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Global
Chief of Party – Seed Systems Support
CNFA is searching for a Chief of Party for the upcoming Seed Systems Support activity based in Washington DC and funded by the USAID Bureau of Food Security. Channeled through USAID’s Feed the Future countries, this project will encourage the development of innovative, sustainable, and inclusive seed systems that are responsive to the needs of smallholder farmers and adaptive to climate and economic change.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven leadership records within the seed and seed systems sectors, especially in USAID’s Feed the Future focus countries. The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall management, oversight, and achievement of targeted results, including the technical, financial, and administrative functions of the project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors. The COP will also be responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders, USAID, and partners.
Qualification and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in the management of large and complex (at least $10 million) donor-funded projects is required, USAID experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience overseeing financial and administrative management of personnel, reporting, M&E, budgeting, and procurement is required;
- Experience in the inclusion of the private sector into agricultural development initiatives across multiple countries simultaneously is strongly preferred;
- Experience in the development and adaptation of complex agricultural systems is required, experience in seed market systems is strongly preferred;
- Experience in the inclusion of youth and women into agricultural systems is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to build and adapt partnerships among a variety of stakeholders, including government agencies, the private sector, development partners, and research institutions is required;
- Master’s degree in agriculture, horticulture, agricultural economics, or a related field is required, PhD is preferred;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.