Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Senegal
Chief of Party – Senegal Agriculture Value Chain Services
The COP (Agricultural expert, microenterprise development, and rural development specialist) must have relevant/international work experience, including experience with a Contractor or International NGO, funded programs in the West Africa region. Demonstrated expertise and at least 10 years of professional experience working in agricultural value chain or agribusiness development programs. Work experience in Senegal is strongly preferred. Experience supervising complex and challenging field operations in closed societies and/or transitional or developing countries is desired. The candidate must have the following experience and qualification:
- At least a Master’s degree in management, public administration, social sciences, international development or a related field;
- At least 10 years of professional experience working in agricultural value chain or agribusiness development programs;
- At least 10 years of work experience as Chief of Party or a similar level managing large (at least $10 M), complex agribusiness or agricultural development programs with a value chain focus;
- At least 5 years professional experience working in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out; overseeing multiples program areas simultaneously; hiring, training, and supervision of local personnel; financial management including budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement;
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex private sector development programs with extensive local capacity building components;
- Prior work experience with an international NGO and/or relevant experience with USAID or similar international donor-funded programs;
- Ability to work with agribusiness firms and financial institutions desired;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in strategic thinking and policy analysis and able to dialogue with high level host country government officials desired;
- Prior relevant work experience in West Africa. Senegal experience is strongly preferred;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required; and
- Fluency in French and English are required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.