Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Karamoja sub-region, Uganda
Chief of Party – Uganda
The COP will be responsible for the overall management, including the technical, financial and administrative functions of the project. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the agricultural sector in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly managing food security projects of at least $30 million. He or she will be required to work with various stakeholders, including private sector firms, government officials and other entities.
- Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health or related field;
- Minimum of ten years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects;
- Prior experience managing development assistance projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including agricultural development and maternal child health and nutrition;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners;
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming;
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and other local ;
- Ability to travel within the country and internationally, as required.