Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: West Africa
Chief of Party – West Africa Region
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Chief of Party (COP) supporting the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress (FFPr) program West Africa region (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria). The FFPr program aims to improve agricultural production and expand trade of agricultural products in developing countries through the donation of U.S. agricultural commodities. The anticipated project will be a five-year project which aims to build the competitiveness of the West African cashew industry resulting in increased direct trade with the region.
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- At least five (5) years of experience serving as program director or chief of party; successful experience managing Food for Progress programs is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated expertise in food safety systems is required, including international food safety standards and regulations, regulatory enforcement, inspection and certification systems, science-based risk assessments, foodborne illnesses, and policy harmonization;
- Experience of working in West Africa, in particular in the area of cashew value chain or related sector, is strongly preferred;
- Experience of working within the food or agricultural private sector, in particular in Public Private Partnerships, is strongly preferred;
- Experience providing technical oversight and leadership to facilitate expanded trade and competitiveness of agricultural value chains preferred;
- Experience overseeing financial and administrative management of programs, including of personnel, reporting, budgeting and procurement for large, complex programs is required;
- Experience overseeing an M&E team to ensure high quality program reporting, monitoring, evaluation, and learning are required;
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain positive, collaborative, and productive relationships with government and other local partners is required;
- Demonstrated experience serving as ambassador for home office, establishing and nurturing strong relationships with donor representatives and expanding business required;
- English fluency required, knowledge of French strongly preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted