Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Zambia
Chief of Party – Zambia
CNFA is currently seeking qualified candidates for Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID-funded Rural Agricultural Enterprises Development Activity in Zambia. The activity is anticipated to facilitate access to finance for rural Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), address financial service providers’ barriers to lending to SMEs, and address barriers that limit agricultural enterprises’ ability to seek and qualify for loans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines and within set timelines to achieve objectives;
- Oversee program administration, operations, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure technical and financial activity aligns with scope and budget allocations, internal policies, and donor regulations;
- Lead team to provide effective coordination and guidance among academic institutions, local Government, smallholder farmers, service providers and other key stakeholders;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Ensure quality control and provide overall technical and management leadership under the award; adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Zambia technical direction;
- Represent CNFA with partners and key stakeholders, at conferences, workshops, meetings, and other industry gatherings,maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Manage and oversee all contract management and implementation tasks based on established USG regulations, procedures and CNFA guidelines;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in a field related to agriculture, economics, or business administration from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of significant international experience and expertise in agricultural development, successfully achieving meaningful and sustainable results;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government organizations (including private sector associations/organizations) in managing international development assistance activities;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID policies, and regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead large teams and work effectively and collaboratively in team environments;
- Strong technical expertise, management skills, and a strong command of English technical writing and communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.