Team: Operations and Compliance | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Washington DC
CNFA GDPR Readiness Consultant
Starting on May 25, 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will go into effect. This new Regulation, created by the European Commission, intends to strengthen data protections for EU nationals and increases the obligations of organizations that interact with personal information of EU nationals. CNFA’s objective is to meet all applicable GDPR requirements before May 25, 2018.
CNFA’s GDPR Readiness Consultant will be responsible for all development and implementation of GDPR requirements. The GDPR Readiness Consultant will guide, advise on, and develop new policies and procedures through data mapping, conducting a gaps analysis, drafting policy content, and training to support CNFA in ensuring GDPR compliance before the May 25, 2018 deadline.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and advise CNFA on GDPR requirements, and assess compliance gaps and risks;
- Develop schedule and track compliance progress including issue and risk management;
- Draft content to develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements;
- Deliver training to CNFA HQ staff on new GDPR regulation and how to maintain GDPR compliance;
- Keep up to date with GDPR guidance and enforcement;
- Report on GDPR compliance progress to executive leadership, and other units, as required;
- Proactively raise trends, potential threats, concerns or other information with the COO and the Awards and Compliance Unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 5+ years of experience in project management/ audit/ compliance/ information security;
- Experience with GDPR Privacy and Governance, security governance services, and data protection practices;
- Data privacy experience (working globally with EU policies);
- CISSP/CIPP/CIPM/CIPT Certification preferred;
- Ability to complete multiple, simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and prioritize incoming work appropriately;
- English language proficiency;
- Demonstrated problem solving, data analysis, and mapping skills;
- Good organization, self-motivation, and project management skills.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV; a cover letter summarizing the individuals’ capacity to implement the required tasks; and an indication of estimated level of effort to complete the required tasks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.