Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Malawi
Commodity Manager – Malawi
CNFA is currently seeking a Commodity Manager to support its Development Food Security Activity in Malawi. The position will be based in Malawi. The Commodity Manager will lead and manage commodity management activities including planning, importation, warehousing, distribution, and monitoring and reporting of commodity management activities. The Commodity Manager will also oversee distribution processes, ensuring compliance with US Government commodity management policies, rules, and regulations. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has more than 15 years of experience in Malawian agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead planning and importation of Title II or locally procured commodities for program distribution activities;
- Calculates monthly food requirements and prepares distribution plans and food delivery plans, and manages commodity pipeline;
- Leads implementation of commodity distribution activities, including managing and organizing registration of and verification of beneficiaries, and managing distribution teams and vehicles;
- Maintain organized and accurate records of commodities and ensure timely and efficient reporting;
- Develops and leads any capacity building or training for local and regional procurement needs;
- Ensures compliance with US Government commodity management policies, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics management, agriculture, international development, or other relevant area is required, Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years of experience in commodity management programming, experience implementing USAID Title II food distribution programs preferred;
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID regulations 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR 211 preferred;
- Experience supervising and training staff in commodity management programming;
- International donor experience required, USAID programming, particularly Food for Peace funding preferred;
- Experience with local and regional procurement of food commodities for distribution preferred;
- Strong English ability is required, understanding of local languages preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.