Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Zimbabwe
CNFA is seeking a Commodity Manager to support the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity in Zimbabwe. The position will be based in Zimbabwe. The Commodity Manager will oversee and manage all aspects of the receiving, tracking, and distribution of food aid commodities. CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has 15 years of agriculture experience in Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the transport, warehousing, fumigation, and disposal of commodities across the entire program;
- Manage the commodity and warehouse staff;
- Provide oversight of main and sub-warehouses for the program to ensure no damage or theft of commodities;
- Manage the calls forward of commodities and their transport in coordination with USAID, USDA, freight forwarders, inland transporters, and other stakeholders to ensure effective delivery and transport of commodities from arrival in port to program warehouses;
- Develop distribution plans together with the technical team to ensure an adequate supply and availability of commodities for direct distribution to beneficiaries;
- Ensure all commodity movements, deliveries, and other activities are appropriately documented in compliance with USG and CNFA policies and procedure;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, required;
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience required;
- Highly experienced in the management of Title II development program commodity management, preferably in Southern Africa;
- Experience with international donor projects in agriculture development, food security, or health and nutrition required;
- Experience with USAID and Food for Peace preferred;
- Familiarity with Matabeleland North and/or South preferred;
- Ndebele fluency preferred;
- English fluency required.
Zimbabwean nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.