Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Egypt
Communications Manager – Egypt FAS
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the USAID funded Food-Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) project. This project will focus on agricultural value chain development targeting smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for raising awareness about project-related topics among the government, project stakeholders, and the Egyptian public at large. The Communications Manager will also be responsible for the overall management and messaging of the project’s web and SMS messaging service that delivers health and agriculture related messaging to beneficiaries. The Communications Manager will be responsible for engaging counterpart organizations and also work with the affiliated Ministries to implement FAS project activities and record their outcomes. The Communications Manager will report to the Chief of Party and is based in Luxor.
- Oversee the project Communications strategy and activities related to project outreach;
- As directed by the COP, provide quality control on all reports, marketing materials, and other documents generated from the project office with particular emphasis on those for submission to USAID;
- Collect content and develop drafts for monthly and quarterly status reports;
- Work with COP and technical teams to prepare periodic success stories concerning project activities, and assist the COP to prepare periodic updates for USAID;
- Manage the posting and content for the project website and Facebook page including developing outreach materials that can be shared via these platforms that communicate the goals and technical topics relevant to project activities;
- Work together with the project technical team to develop messages on a variety of technical subjects including agri-nutrition and agricultural production, post-harvest, and marketing;
- Work with project partners to manage the administration and logistics for the web and SMS based communication platform that shares relevant technical messages for project beneficiaries;
- Attend meetings with client and project partners on an ad hoc basis regarding communications, outreach, public relations, media related issues, program deliverables and reports, and USAID branding and marking guidelines;
- Assist with planning and logistics and attend project events as requested by the COP; provide technical editing and formatting assistance with program deliverables and reports;
- Manage consultant labor with regards to desktop publishing, graphic design, and technical writing/editing;
- Work closely with COP on tracking reports and deliverables as related to the monitoring and evaluation and program management plan;
- Assist technical staff with public outreach/awareness campaigns;
- Work with project partner organizations to assist them in developing and implementing communications strategies;
- Work with project partner organizations to assist them in engaging in public education/public relations campaigns to raise public awareness;
- Daily monitoring of local newspapers and other periodicals for material substantively affecting the work of the Project;
- Organize and coordinate with local vendors to host award ceremonies, gatherings and public events;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in journalism, communications, publishing or a closely related field;
- Minimum of 7 years’ of relevant international work experience providing similar support, experience in Egypt strongly preferred;
- Prior experience organizing and coordinating events, ceremonies and public events;
- Prior experience managing social media and web based communications platforms including Facebook and WhatsApp as well as the management of company/organization’s websites.
- Ability to work well in diverse teams but also productive working individually with minimum supervision;
- Prior USAID or other international donor experience preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Arabic and English language fluency required.
- All applicants must be Egyptian citizens or have existing authorization to work in Egypt.
In addition to completing the application on this website, all applicants must also send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the words “Egypt Communications Manager” in the subject line. Deadline for submission is May 28, 2017.
Download full description here.