Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Abidjan
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and supervising the project’s communication strategy and activities, including the development of branding and marking marketing materials approved by USDA and the organization of PRO-Cashew events and public communication. He/she will also be responsible for the semi-annual quarterly reporting process including quality control of all these reports, branding and marking of the project and development of success stories and press releases.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the dissemination of communication materials including, but not limited to, success stories, press releases, brochures, presentations, speeches, discussion points and additional marketing material.
- Regularly communicate project activities and impacts to Headquarters and stakeholders in CNFA. This includes the submission of quarterly deliverables to the headquarters of CNFA.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports/updates for the USDA and CNFA headquarters. Coordinating the written contributions of the program team in a consolidated report document.
- Ensure project compliance with the USDA and CNFA branding and marking plan.
- In close collaboration with the operations and procurement officer, respond to CNFA and USDA ad hoc communication requests.
- Assist in the completion of the Office Photo Library and documentation of ProCashew’s brochure, workshops and publications and the dissemination of printed materials.
- Lead logistical support and ensure good coordination in the preparation of high-level meetings, workshops and public events.
- Continue to develop and manage an extensive library of videos, photographs and project documents. Subsequent steps will include short videos of the project.
- Responsible for producing high quality reports within the timeframe, including monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and yearly reports to be submitted to the USDA.
- Organize public events for the project included prepare invitations, agendas, and press kits, organize the logistics and venue of public events, ensure the marketing and branding of CNFA and USDA.
- Organize quarterly internal learning events and document the results of these events.
- Support development and contribute to success
- Undertake other tasks or tasks at the request of the project leader.
- Develop 6 success stories per year.
- Prepare a draft of the executive summary of the biannual and annual reports.
- Participate in the organization of donor and CNFA visits to the ProCashew project.
- Five years of experience in communications and media, including the management and launch of promotional events and materials for donor-funded projects;
- BAC + 4 or higher level in media, communication and international development;
- Proficiency in written English and advanced level of French. Fluent in French and advanced English speaker;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in an environment where activities take place at a rapid pace;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Work experience on the USDA or USAID branding and tagging strategy, including the development of one-pagers, sectoral information sheets and success stories, one more;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.