Team: Operations and Compliance | Commitment: Full-time | Location: Washington DC
Contracts & Grants Officer
The Contracts and Grants Officer will provide critical compliance support to our global program portfolio by ensuring adherence to USG and donor rules and regulations and build the capacity of Headquarters and field based staff in the compliance function. The incumbent will review contractual documents and budgets, provide regulatory guidance and training to program implementers, develop and revise templates to standardize procedures and assist projects with guidance on regulatory issues/challenges from start-up to close-out. In addition, the incumbent will help contribute to the development of organizational policies and best practices.
- The Contracts & Grants Officer will be responsible for a wide range of functions, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring contract compliance with USAID and other donors, federal regulations, and CNFA policies and procedures by reviewing and approving subcontracts, grants, consultant agreements, and procurement documents for final approval and signature;
- Serving as a technical resource by responding to compliance related questions and advising on various contractual matters and CNFA policy;
- Researching regulatory issues and stays up-to-date on revisions to relevant regulations;
- Developing and/or revising program templates and ancillary business forms;
- Delivering trainings for HQ and field office staff in a variety of contract, subcontract, grants, and allowance-related topics;
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating sub-awards and amendments;
- Supporting the systematic closeout of programs in the portfolio;
- Reviewing complex proposal budgets and budget narratives;
- Reviewing solicitations and other donor budget instructions to ensure accuracy of calculations, internal consistency, and that budgeted costs are allowable and in accordance with donor regulations and CNFA policies. Recommending and negotiating changes as required;
- Assisting in responding to a variety of unique contractual project issues as needed;
- Participating in the development of corporate policies and standards and thinking creatively and critically about ways to streamline operating procedures; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience focused on contracts and grants-related compliance; and
- At least one year of experience working with USG-funded contracts or agreements; preferably with the USG;
- Strong knowledge of USG Assistance and Acquisition Regulations and Framework (FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR), experience with USAID preferred;
- Ability to conduct analyses on a wide variety of grant management and budget issues; synthesize information and present findings in a cohesive and understandable format;
- Ability to independently read and interpret contractual documents, and grants, operating instructions, policies, and procedure manuals;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large amounts of data;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and client focused with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team using a solution oriented approach;
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of a second language is a plus;
- Ability to train others on contractual matters;
- Ability to travel for short-trips domestically and internationally as needed.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Authorization to work in the United States required.