Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Washington D.C. or Remote
CNFA is currently seeking qualified candidates to assist the Business Development team with copyediting proposals for upcoming USG-funded activities on a short-term basis. The consultant is responsible for working with our proposal team to create compelling and client-oriented responses to requests for proposal. The ideal consultant will have extensive experience editing winning proposals, be self-motivated, responsible to the commitment to integrity and the ability to meet all deadlines. The consultant should be comfortable with various editing roles, from copyediting and proofreading to substantive editing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Proofread text to improve clarity and readability.
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics.
- Check text for style, readability, and compliance to USAID guidelines and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in proposal editing or proposal development work on USG- funded programs (USAID, USDA, DoS, etc). Experience with agriculture and food security programming strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office using SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and experienced in organizing, managing and sharing information.
- Demonstrated track record of effective and on-time editing of proposals.
- Ability to handle stressful proposal situations.
- Strong communication ability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.